Today is the first day that I am officially at home for good. My maternity leave started last Thursday but I worked half days on Monday and Tuesday to train the girl that is taking position. Not that that was enough time to train her but it was a jump start for her. I leave Beacon with mixed feelings! My dream job has always been to be stay at home Mom and now it is time to start my new position. I leave with a little bit of a broken heart, even though I am so excited about being a Mommie. They are truly an amazing group of people to work for and with, and I am definitely going to miss them. So until my new "job" officially starts I am doing my best to fill my time with projects. Between spurts of false labor I am trying to get a few meals frozen, clothes washed, house cleaned, and pictures put away in albums (a project that I been meaning to do for 3 years).
During all the fun things on my list though the one thing that is always on my mind is "when are you coming little one" and then I have to remind myself that in God's time is the best time! Today as I was looking for scripture to keep me encouraged I came across Col 1: 11-12 "being strengthened with all the power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father". This part of the scripture is a great encouragement to me because I know that God will give me endurance and strength for the end of my pregnancy as well for the labor and delivery part, and if I allow him, patience too. As for the joyfully thanksgiving, I can't even begin to count my blessings they are so abundant: my husband, a child, such great support from friends and family, and our church, these are just a few. I could take up hours of your time just telling you how much a blessing Adam is, how great he has been through the whole pregnancy, especially these last few days!! He is going to be a great dad!
But the part of the scripture that truly strikes a cord in me is the part that comes before these verses, “we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing the fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,” (vrs 9-11). With a baby on the way (God knows when she will arrive, literally) these are the things that rest heavily on our minds: knowledge of his will, spiritual wisdom, understanding, living a life worthy of the Lord, and a growing knowledge of God. Adam and I are anxious about raising a child that will love and fear the Lord. Its funny how having a baby makes you take a long hard look at your own walk with the Lord and if you live a life worthy of Him, and are growing in knowledge of Him. So we ask you all to not only pray for a healthy baby and easy delivery (easy delivery kind of seems like an oxymoron) but also for Adam and I to grow in our relationship with the Lord so that he will fill us with wisdom and understanding, and that will we live a life worthy of the Lord. Children are like mirrors and we want ours mirror to reflect Christ. It’s only with the strength of Christ that Adam and I can grow in His character and teach these things to our children.
Well, I guess I will give an update also. Yesterday we had our final doctor’s appointment before our due date. Our next appointment is on Tuesday and I will officially be “overdue” by then. We know that there is a good chance that we will actually be going to that appointment since first babies are usually late; I am trying to be ok with that (patience, right). We have made some progress since our last appointment, I started dilating so hopefully this means that she will be born closer to her due date rather than further away. But other than that there is really not much to tell. She is head down and still dropping down. We are both doing well and everyone is healthy. Her estimated due date is Feb 3rd, pray that is right. We will keep you all posted on any progress and of course we’ll be sending out an email with pics to announce her birth. I hope that our next post will dedicated to Maggie’s arrival. We are so excited!!!!
1 comment:
It is amazing how your thoughts and focus change when a child is born. Kelly and I will definitely be praying for Maggie to know Christ at a young age and for you and Adam as parents in your new adventure of raising a child in a Christian home!
Post a Comment