Adam has officially finished his first week of work. So far so good. He has enjoyed the CRNA's that he has worked with and the doctors. While he is on orientation, which is 6 weeks long, he has to work Mon-Friday 8hour days. It nice because he gets to come home earlier but he doesn't get the long weekend that he would if he worked 4 10hour days. Everyone he has meet seems to be real laid back and very helpful, which is a great match for Adam. We all know how easy going he is. He even got to have a night of fun. Wednesday after work he went up to Chapel Hill with our friends Donald and Jonathan to see the UNC vs Clemson game. It was a long night but they had a lot of fun. For the next five weeks he will be working side by side with another CRNA and then after that he is all on his on!!!
Baby update: My appointment this past Wednesday went ok. A few little quirks but the Doctor is not worried. I lost a couple of pounds, had a small amount of protein in my urine (I have to go back on Monday to have this rechecked), and the baby is measuring 35 weeks instead of 37 (this could be because she is sitting really low), and my blood pressure was still a little low. I know the OB is not worried but will you all pray for a healthy baby, I'm a little nervous. I have also started to dilate, Yeah!! My doctor is more worried about me knowing how to get to the hospital because Maggie came so quickly. I guess I should think about packing my hospital bag ;).
Maggie update: Maggie is so cute, and doing really well. Her bottom teeth are still working on coming in, she's drooling like crazy. She's walking up a storm and no longer satisfied with playing in one room. We have to play in all the rooms and pull out as much stuff as we can. She has started pointing at things that she wants and clapping to music (not always in rhythm but she tries). Today was such a beautiful day that we took her down to the little playground that is in our apartment complex. She had the best time sliding down the slides and watching the other kids play. The most challenging part was that she wanted to walk around without holding our hand and we were nervous that she would trip and fall when she got close to the equipment. She also thought that she should be able to climb up the wood ramps to the slides without our help. It's cute to see her growing into her independence but nerve racking at the same time. Sorry we don't have any pics or videos of her sliding but it's a two person job, one at the top and one at the bottom and no free hands for camera's. I promise we'll take some pics of her soon and post them.
We have also had more play dates with our good friend Charley. They are so cute together. They don't really play together yet but we are making process. Instead of Maggie taking toys away from Charley she now hands them to her, I like this a lot better.
We'll post some pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment