I know it's already a week into January but I thought I would post some pictures from Christmas and Adam's graduation.
Adam graduated December 18th from his master's program and from the university on the 19th. It was so great to see him walk across the stage and be hooded!!! I am so proud of him. He took his national boards this past Wednesday and now we are just waiting for the results.


Maggie was so funny at Adam's graduation. Once she discovered her Daddy sitting on the stage it was all we could do to keep her from walking up there to be with him. Grandma finally had to take her outside to distract her.

After the graduation at the university on Friday Adam and I went to dinner with all of his classmates at this really great restaurant in uptown Charlotte. We stuffed ourselves silly with yummy food and had a good time hanging out with all of his classmates. It was sad to say goodbye to them all. They have gotten to be really close during the program and we are going to miss them a lot.
Maggie and I loaded up on Sunday night with GG and headed down to Troy to spend Christmas with Adam's family. Adam joined us on Tuesday after the movers got us all loaded up.
Maggie was so cute on Christmas. We thought that she would be all about the wrapping paper and boxes and not care anything about her toys but we were completely wrong. Adam would help her take the paper off and after that she was all about trying to get them out of the box so that she could play with them. She would play with her new toy until it was time for her to open another present and then she would play with that one until it was her turn again. She was so precious.

Maggie's thoughts: "seriously mom do I have to wear this?"

opening her stocking


We love BOOKS!!!!


Giggles with dad!! He's so funny!


Christmas dinner at Mom and Pop's.
The day after Christmas Adam and I headed up to Greenville to start unpacking boxes and try and settle into our new apartment. Maggie stayed in Troy with GG and Grandpa. With the help of my brother we managed to get all of the boxes unpacked and everything put in it's place except for the garage, which we tackled the following Monday with the help of Aunt San.
New Year's Eve we headed down to Pawley's to have Christmas with my parents.
Maggie had a harder time focusing on opening presents at Grandma and Pop's. She was way more interested in chasing puppies.
This is the really cool toy box that Uncle J and Aunt Sam made me for Christmas. It even has my name carved on it.
Amongst all the craziness of moving and trying to get settled we had a great Christmas. It was a little hard to focus on the true reason for the holiday but we are hoping to do a better job next year.
The move went really well and a lot more smoothly than I could have ever imagined. We are settling in really well and getting back into our old routine. Maggie transitioned unbelievably well. I think having her room setup and unpacked before we brought her home was a big help! We have even had a few play dates with Charley already!
Now we are just waiting on the arrival of our newest addition and enjoying our time together as a family before Dad starts his new job.
No comments:
Post a Comment