Friday, May 2, 2008

April Madness

Well April has come and gone at such a speed I think that I missed it. It has been a crazy month but full of excitement.

Adam is officially a SENIOR in his program. He only has 7 1/2 months left until graduation. He is currently in his hardest clinical rotation, Cardiac. He is now rising at 3:30am every morning in order to be at the hospital by 4:30am so that he has extra time to get ready for his surgeries. I don't want to wear his shoes, not that I ever did but now you couldn't pay me too. He is doing really well in this rotation, the CRNA's have given him a number a compliments like "you are doing so well you should be in the class that is graduating in May". Sorry babe I had to brag on you. Also, the hospital/School takes the seniors out to a big fancy dinner to woo them in to staying in the CHS system. So our friend Suzanne kept Maggie for us while we enjoyed our fine dining (THANKS SUZ!). This was also our first night on the town with out Maggie. Adam also passed his SEE Exam, mock board, congrats!!
On our way to dinner


Nothing really new in my life so we will skip right to Maggie. She is sleeping and napping better, praise the Lord. It's amazing how something as simple as sleep will make or break you. And for the very exciting news...Maggie was baptized on 4/27. I had no idea how much this day would mean to me but it was truly as special as the day she was born!! I won't go on to much about it because it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. In our church the parents are allowed to give a little prayer before the baptism. This was such a huge help to Adam and I in preparing us for her baptism. We did a lot of praying and reading in order to put this prayer together and I think it was probably more profound for us than her. God is so glorious and gracious.

Here are a few random pictures of Maggie through out the month. She is getting to be so big.

Mag's had a tummy ache so dad multi-tasked, bouncing, patting, and school work

napping on the couch

Chatting it up in bed

The pics below were taken somewhere between 5am and 6am. She is so precious in the morning. We turned the flash out so that we wouldn't blind her.

Check out that big ole belly

2 comments:

Tonya said...

She is adorable! Congrats Adam on all your hard work. Hang in there just a few more months. We need to get together soon!

Kelly Shealy said...

Glad to see that my husband shamed you into updating the blog! :)

Love all the pictures of Maggie (and her belly!) She is really adorable. Adam, congrats on doing well at school - you're in the home stretch now!