Friday, May 23, 2008

Best Friends Already!

Today Adam, Maggie, and I drove down to Greenville to finally meet Charley. I've been dying to see her for 3 weeks so after Adam finished clinical we headed south to see the Spann's. Charley is so precious and gorgeous. She still has that really sweet baby cry and sleeps all the time. As soon as we got to Greenville Mary Beth and I swapped babies so that we could ooh and aah at how cute they were. We were sitting next to each other with them laying in our laps and Mags did the cutest thing, she reached over and grabbed Charley's hand. We all immediately raced for the cameras and began snapping pictures of this cute moment. It only took a brief second though for this really sweet moment to start heading south as Maggie began to tighten her grip and pull Charley's hand toward her (I imagine to put it in her mouth where everything else goes). It only took Charley a second to let us know that she wanted her fingers back.

Charley - Mag's says that she's sorry about trying to pull your sweet little fingers off so that she could gnaw on them. She is still working on her fine motor skills.

Here are a few pics from our day with Mary Beth, Donald and Charley.

Maggie holding hands with you new best friend

Moments later trying to wrench the fingers off of her best friend

What a sweet yawn
Sleeping beauty
Studying one another

Charley reaching for Mags

Dad feels the need to excerise me while I sleep because I sleep so much.

1 comment:

Mary Beth Spann said...

What are those funny things growing out of Charley's head?? ;)
We are so glad y'all came down!