Tuesday, May 31, 2011

April and May

Well I don't have any pics of what we've been doing over the last couple of months. We've just been too busy or enjoying the moments too much to take pics.

In April we spent two weeks in Pawley's the first week we just relaxed and I spent the weekend doing the flower arrangement for my cousins wedding which we also attended. I am so ashamed that I don't have pics of the girls dressed up because they were precious!! Emma loved the dancing and Mags had a blast running around the courtyard chasing her cousins. Tuesday after the wedding we met up with GG and she took the girls back to Troy for the rest of the week while we headed back to Pawleys (I wish the trip went that smoothly but it involved a broken down truck, a wrecker, rental car, a over night trip to Greenville, late for an interview, etc...). We finally made it back to Pawleys to pack up my parents and move them up to Anderson the following weekend. We spent some time at my parents new house helping them clean and get a few things moved in.
May brought another wonderful wedding our way. Aunt Amy and Uncle Adam (officially Uncle Adam) got married on May 7th. It was so beautiful and a wonderful celebration! We are so excited for them!! Again I am ashamed that I don't have any pictures but I have a good excuse, the whole family was in the wedding so it's not like carrying a camera around would have been very convenient. In the last few weeks we have spent a fair amount of time at my parents house
(which is only one wonderful hour away) helping them to get settled and the girls have finished up another year in "school". Oh and surprise surprise but over the last month one or more of us has been sick; ear infections, 6 day fevers, stomach bug, sinus infection and colds. It really is no surprise that the girls and I have been so sick as busy and run down as we have been.

In the time that we have been home we have been busy trying to keep our heads above water as we try and settle back in to normal life full of toddler craziness and chores.

This past week we have been potty training Emma, which is going really well and I hope continues to only get easier and easier. It's makes a big BIG difference when you have big sister to teach you what using the potty is all about. And an idea of what mom and dad mean when they say "you what to be a big girl and use the potty".

Here are a few pics of the girls over the last couple of months.

Emma playing dress up while I do laundry
We got the girls a pool and set it out for them while we planted the garden. We thought it would be something fun for them to do but instead they spent must of their time playing the dirt and then would run over and get in the pool, then come back for some more time in the dirt. What were we thinking by trying to provide them with good clean fun:). I told emma to go rinse off and she took me very literally. She got in the pool stripped down and wash her clothes. Look at how dirty the water is!
Mags helping in the the garden in half of her bathing suit (not sure how we lost the top) and jewels. A girls always needs her accessories.
Taking a nap with Daddy.
The end of school picnic. Emma and some of her buddies and one of her beloved teachers. They have the most wonderful teacher at their school, they love our kids so well.
Mag's saying goodbye to her all time favorite teacher who is moving away :(. She is really going to miss her!
We played outside all morning today splashing in the pool and sliding on the slip'n slide. I love Em's tutu bathing suit.

No comments: