In addition to this we are learning all sorts of new stuff:
- How to climb up on the couch
- No drawers or cabinets are safe. When I come around the corner there is no telling what I will find. It often looks like my drawers and cabinets are possessed and they throw up all of their contents, of course all the bad ones are locked.
- She is discovering toilet lids. I was hoping this one would go unnoticed so that I would not have to put locks on them too but it looks like I may have to. Nothing more annoying than a locked toilet when you are about to wet your pants.
- My favorite new thing; she has learned how to unlock and lock the dishwasher and turn the nob so you never know if your dishes are clean.
- She is learning to put the right shape in the matching hole. This game is so frustrating for her; I keep telling her to be patient that she will get it in time.
- She also loves to play dress up. She loves to put on my necklaces, shoes (mine or Adam's), and put bows in her hair. SHE IS SO CUTE!!
- She is also starting to understand strings of words like: come here, go get your milk, drink your milk, lets change your diaper, lets take a bath (her favorite), and lets take a nap (one of my favorites), and are you full. I am waiting on her to grasp "walk around sis", most important for Emma's safety when she is laying in the floor. Maggie definitely thinks she can climb on or over anything she wants too.
- And with the good comes the bad. She has also learned how to stomp her feet when she is frustrated. We try and ignore her but sometimes we get tickled and laugh. I know this just encourages her, we just can't help ourselves.
- Her top teeth are also working on coming in, STILL! I officially declare her as the slowest teether.
- She is two and a half months old!!! Time is flying by. At her two month appointment she weighed 12 lbs, and measured 22.5 inches long, she is growing like a weed.
- She is really close to figuring out how to roll over, from belly to back.
- She is full of smiles and coos! It will melt your heart! We never really got too many of these with Mag's because she was colicky so this is new for us.
- We are taking longer naps during the day
- Most excitingly!!! We are sleeping longer at night. She went 9 hours in a row the other night. Of course, I didn't get that much sleep because I kept waking up thinking that something was wrong with her.
- And she can blow out of any diaper. Mom's do you have any recommendations? We have tried pampers and huggies. Next we are going to try pampers baby dry and see how those work.
- She also loves to watch Maggie. I'm sure she soaking it all up and just dying to run around with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment