Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday GG and Mom

Last weekend we headed down to Troy to celebrate GG's and Mom's (Grandma Gaye and Great Mom) birthday's. Adam was off on Friday so we enjoyed a long weekend with his family. We spent our time there as we usually do, catching some extra shut eye while grandparents played with Mag's, walks, playing with the animals and spending as much time outside as we could, and lets not forget homemade biscuits for breakfast!!

Maggie had a great time playing with Bogey (the dog) and begged the whole weekend to play with Simba (the cat, who is a little feisty). We were able to keep them apart for the most of the weekend but Maggie did get her first cat scratch and didn't even notice. It was GG and I who probably over reacted and washed it and put ointment on it. We figured better safe than sorry. She also enjoyed walking around and around on the porch, stopping from time to time to taste the flowers instead of smell them. Apparently it's a lot more fun to learn by taste than any other sense because everything goes in her month.


If you look closely you can see what's left of Maggie's black eye. It's a little spot over her left eye. I love the look on her face, like she's involved in some deep conversation or something.


Can you guess what's in Mag's mouth? Ans below.
A rare moment! Maggie actually sitting still.

Visiting with Mom and Pop

Swinging with Aunt Amy.

Playing in the yard with GG after a big lunch at Mom's.

These days Maggie prefers walking if she can get some one to hold her hands. The best part is she loves to try and walk with you by holding on to your legs. These makes cooking really easy!!

Sitting on a horse for the first time. And loving it!!!

Patting Doc with mom and Aunt Amy. I think she's an animal lover!

So...what is in Maggie's mouth. Can you guess? It's an octopus. And you ask "where is the body, all I see is tentacles?" The entire body is in her mouth. I'm sure her thoughts were a long the lines of "no paci, I'll just find a substitute. Think you people can out smart me. I'll show you."

No comments: