We got to the hospital at 10:00, got checked in, and they did an exam of Andrea's progress. She was 2.5 cm dilated and fully effaced with the baby in a good, low position. We moved into our room, got an IV and the nurse gave Andrea some pain medicine. It seemed to help for about an hour and then the contractions got pretty strong. Andrea decided that she wanted to get an epidural so that she would not be too worn out when it came time to push. She got the epidural around 12:30 and they did another exam once it was working good. She was 5 cm, 2.5 cm in 2.5 hours. Then our families showed up. McKee grandparents got here around 12:45 and Jacobs grandparents around 2:15. At 3:00, the nurse did another exam on Andrea and she was already 10 cm, which is impressive considering that most first time mothers only dilate 1 cm every hour after 5 cm. Andrea had done 5 cm in 3 hours! So the nurse said that whenever she felt the urge to push to call her and she would check to see how the baby was moving in the pelvis. She started pushing around 3:30 and Maggie was moving great. At 3:45, the doctor was brought in to deliver our beautiful bundle of joy.
God is so incredible and the birth of a child is truly a miracle. We have been blessed more than we could imagine and are so thankful that God demonstrated His grace to us through this little child.
8 comments:
Yippee!! She's so beautiful! We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to see you all in person. We'll be praying for you. Congratulations!
WELCOME MAGGIE!!!! She's beautiful and HAS HAIR!!!! I can't wait to get up there to she her. Congratulations, I'm sure you guys will make great parents. I love ALL 3 of you!!!!
Congrats! I am so excited for you! I bet meeting Maggie was wonderful! Keep us posted and keep the pictures coming! Matt and I are SO happy for you!
Emily & Matt Loveall
CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait to meet Maggie! :)
Congrats, Andrea & Adam! I've been keeping up with your blog & am so excited for you guys to experience parenthood! It's certainly an adventure :) Maggie is precious, and I look forward to seeing more pictures as she grows... Take care!
Oh my gosh! She is beautiful - good thing she doesn't look like Adam! Andrea, I am mad at you - only 15 minutes of pushing?! Some people have all the luck!
Really though, congratulations, we can't wait to meet her!
We are so happy that she is here safely. Praise God! We absolutely can't wait to meet her.She is beautiful!! I have been waiting for this day for some time now... I can't imagine your joy!
What a precious little girl! Congrats Adam and Andrea! We love her name, esp the middle (our daughter's name is Karis).
Dave and Carly Hall
Post a Comment