Saturday, October 3, 2009

Venting my frustration

As many of you know one of my recent passions in life is going green. We try and recycle, reduce, and reuse as much as we can. I am really excited that we are going to start composting are food; there are some amazing things that you can do with compost and I can wait to try it out. Bluh, bluh, bluh. With going green you also become aware of how things that you use daily effect you. Such as PLASTIC!! I try and use as little as possible especially if it is something that is going to involve food or drink. A couple of years ago Adam and I stop using plastic water bottles and switched to metal bottles and I even bought one for Maggie because she loves ours so much. The bottles we bought were SIGG bottles. I apologize to everyone that I have promoted this product to! It turns out that SIGG has been putting plastic in their bottles!! This is my frustration!!!! DON'T say that you are good for the environment or people when you are putting plastic in the lining of your bottles!!! They recently changed the lining of the bottles to contain BPA free plastic (the lining will be bright yellow) but if you have an old bottle then your lining contains BPA (the lining will be a bronzish color). ARRGGGG!!! You can mail your BPA containing bottles back to SIGG and they will mail you new BPA free bottles, how upstanding of you SIGG. You could have just been honest in the first place!

If any of you are interested Klean Kanteen has great stainless steel bottles. They even sale small bottles that are great for kids. They also have a variety of tops including sippy tops for the little tikes. Also Safe Sippy has a great stainless steal sippy cup, I love ours and so do the girls. You can order either one of these bottles online and Safe Sippy is also sold at Babiesrus.

There I said my piece. SIGG I UNPROMOTE YOU!

No comments: