Monday, May 25, 2009

GG and Grandpa's

We spent this past weekend at GG and Grandpa's. We had so much fun playing outside and visiting with everyone. This was Emma's first time staying in Troy and I do believe she had a great time! She loved sitting outside and swinging, and of course she ate all up the attention that she got.

We even got to play in the rain and had a blast getting soaked.

Emma loves to "Ride the little pony in to town"

Maggie had her 15 month well check up last week. She is 31.5 inches tall and 23 lbs 9 oz. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is up to 5 words, Mama and Dada (which is turning in to Daddy) are the only words that she will say regularly. She will also shake her yes or no if you ask her a question. I love that she does this it makes communicating with her a lot easier. She is also getting really good at signing.

Two of my favorite moments lately are:

A couple of days of go Maggie and I were in the kitchen fixing her lunch and Emma was in the living room laying on her play mat and she was crying. Maggie walked into the living room and sat down by Emma and rubbed her head and gave her a kiss. Emma stopped crying and just watched Maggie. What a SWEET moment.

Another lunch story. Maggie, Emma and I were having so much fun playing one day that I lost track of the time. When I looked up at the clock it was well past lunch time so I asked Maggie if she was hungry and she started frantically signing eat and more. I died laughing. I also jumped up and rapidly fixed her something to eat.

Emma is the sweetest baby ever. She regularly sleeps 8 hours or more at night, Thank you Lord! She is getting bigger and bigger very day. she constantly smiles. She also loves to play patty cake, ride the little pony, and little piggy's. And she is getting really good at batting hanging toys. We are still working on rolling over. She can hold her head up like a champ and roll on to her side but not all the way over. It is so crazy how fast they grow. We are trying to enjoy every moment and milestone.

No comments: