Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pee, Poop and Vomit...

The life of having two kids and some of the fun things that we get to look forward too. Wednesday morning Maggie cried out for Dad to come change her diaper (not totally unusual for her to need a 4 or 5 am diaper change). Before Adam could get the new diaper on Maggie, she proceeded to pee and it got all over her favorite purple blanket and frog. So first thing in the morning when we all got up we threw all of Mag's stuff in the wash so that she would have them for her nap. Well the same morning when I woke up I discovered that Emma, who was sleeping next to me, was a little wet and so was the bed under her. Poop! Her little diaper had leaked, so our sheets and pj's had to be washed too.

Adam has been sick the last few days; he started getting sick while we were in the hospital. He just has a head cold or mild flu. So we are trying to do all that we can to keep the girls from getting sick. While we were in the hospital the lactation specialist said that I could pump and give Mag's breast milk if I wanted too, the antibodies and everything would be great for her. Well, we thought with Adam being sick this was probably a good idea and may increase her chance of avoiding Adam's germs. So last night I pumped an ounce and added it to Mag's bedtime bottle. BAD IDEA!!! Just a few short minutes after we put her to bed we heard her crying. This is very unusual so Adam went in to check on her and she had thrown up all over herself and the bed (and most importantly purple blanket and frog). I ran in and grabbed Mag's and we jumped in the shower together (she thought this was funny) and Adam made a mad dash to the laundry room to put all of her stuff in and remake her bed. Needless to say no more breast milk for Maggie. I am also glad that it was just the milk and not her getting sick!!

Besides dealing with a lot of pee, poop, and a little vomit we are doing pretty well. Maggie is really curious about Emma and likes to look at her. Adam and I are getting as much rest as we can. But it's hard because the girls don't necessarily nap at the same time and Emma gets up every couple of hours at night. By the grace of God though we are not too exhausted.

If you would pray for us we would really appreciate it. We need some sleep, have to relearn how to teach a newborn how to sleep, how to teach a one year old to be gentle so that she doesn't accidentally hurt Emma, I have been having a little bit of the baby blues (post-partum depression), and Adam is sick (pray for healing for him and that the rest of us don't get sick).

I will post some pics soon. We have gotten some really cute ones recently of our silly girl (Mag's) and our snuggle bug (Emma).

1 comment:

The Brooks said...

I will be praying for ya'll. I can't wait to meet precious Emma! I can't imagine how hard it is right now, but I know you are soaking in every minute of it! See you soon!