Thursday, January 5, 2012

A few favorite moments from Christmas!

We had a really wonderful Christmas this year. I will do my best to give you a condensed version ;). This was the first time in the history of the McKee's (Adam, Andrea, Maggie, and Emma) that we were home for Christmas Morning and it was just the 4 of us. Maggie woke up quietly Christmas morning and came into our room, didn't even notice her gifts, and as Adam was taking her back to her room for a change of PJ's (pulls up don't always do their job) she said "Daddy A BIKE!". We spent some quiet time with just Maggie enjoying her gifts from Santa and then Emma finally stumbled into the living room. Her face priceless.

Okay here is the good stuff... pictures of my favorite moments through out Christmas day. The 4 of us were home Christmas morning then Adam had to head off to work :( and the girls and I headed to Plum Branch to see his family.

Maggie LOVES her bike!
Emma totally excited about her bike and her "toot toot".
Emma didn't want to take off her "hoody" (helmet) so she opened presents in it.
We got TONS of books for Christmas. The girls are in heaven, they love to read so much!
We always celebrate birthdays with pancakes for breakfast so of course we had to make Jesus some birthday pancakes.
After birthday pancakes we read our last devotion and hung the star on our Jesse Tree. This is 25 days of my favorite moments! Our Jesse tree! A truly wonderful way to keep your focus on the true reason there is a Christmas! After each scripture reading and devotion Maggie would let the questions fly. It was so amazing how much she was paying attention and how much she took in. I thought it was going over Emma's head a little until one day while GG and Grandpa were visiting with us GG asked Emma what one of the ornaments were and she said "the world GG". WOW! she is paying attention even though you would not know that from her constant body in motion.
Mags telling Mom and Gpop a story. Another favorite moment of the day that I wish I had a picture of is Mom and Gpop playing hiding-go-seek with the girls...yes that's right Maggie and Emma had their 80 year old great grandparents HIDING and seeking. It was PRECIOUS!
Grandpa and Emma having a moment together.

I love Maggie and Emma's excitement in these two pictures.
This is what was in the bags...roller skates from GG and Grandpa.

Too funny!
Uncle Adam playing princess with us in our new castle tent.

We are so blessed with loving family!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas full of love and joy!

I have a video of the girls riding their bikes I'll try and post it later.

No comments: