I don't even know where to begin with this story…oh, yeah STUPID!!!
It was a very windy day yesterday but by the evening the wind had died down tremendously. I thought I would grill burgers for dinner, lamb with feta and spinach (they were so yummy). Well, lamb is really fatty and I thought of that so I put aluminum foil on the grill to cut down on the grease dripping on the fire. Completely useless! There was so much grease that the entire bottom of the grill was on fire so I turned the grill off because I was really uncomfortable with all the flames. I ran inside grabbed a plate to move the burgers to. While moving the burgers I heard a thump so I quickly finished moving the burgers and closed the lid to cut off air to the fire. WELL, the thump was the grease catcher falling off of the grill and catching the grass on fire!!! The hose was on the other side of the house so I ran in the garage grabbed a bucket, USELESS! I couldn't get water on the fire fast enough. I ran next door, rang the doorbell a dozen times and bolted before my neighbor could even answer. I ran around to the other side of the house, grabbed the house and raced back. My neighbor was outside by then and called the fire department for me while I connected the hose and sprayed down the fire. Thank God for her and for it only taking a moment to put out the fire. The fire department came out anyways just to make sure everything was alright. I am so thankful this didn't turn into a big disaster!!! Definitely one of my more scary moments in life! I am so thankful for how this didn't turn out and I can't even count all the lessons that I learned!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment