While we were visiting my parents in June, the girls, my mom, and I went out to do some shopping. On the way home Maggie was trying so hard to tell us something and we just could not figure out what she was saying. Poor thing had to repeat herself numerous times. I finally look at her and said "Mags, I'm sorry Mama doesn't understand can you point to what you are talking about". She said it again and pointed in the floor.
Me: "Oh you want Amber (a beanie baby cat)"
Mags: "Now we talkin de same"
My mom and I just look at each in amazement and laughed.
Yesterday while we were eating dinner Maggie was talking about how old she is. She's just learning how to count with her fingers and hold up the right number of fingers when she's counting.
Mags: "Emma's 1, Maggie's 2. Mama you 2?"
Me: "No, I am 30"
Mags: "WOW!"
She looked down at her hands when she said that so she must have been thinking that's really old because I don't know how to do that with my fingers
One of her new favorite questions is "what time is it mama". We had already had our baths and I new it was getting close to Em's bedtime.
Me: "Mags, what time is it"?
Mags: "64"
Mags: "its time for Emma to go to bed"
Me: "you're right, it is time for her to go to bed, thank you"
The funny thing is that is was about 6:45 so she wasn't to far off when she said 64.
It's amazing to watch them grow and start creating their on sentences and begin reasoning.
No comments:
Post a Comment