Tuesday, June 29, 2010

30!

Well it's finally here... the daunting 30!

I told Adam one day that when you're a little girl you dream about 15, 16, 18, 20 and 21. You dream of the age that you will be when you get married and then it's like time is suppose to stop. You never dream about being 30! But it's here and I am! I believe I will embrace it. I will go as far to say that I am looking forward to my thirties. In the next ten years my little girls are going to grow in to these beautiful young ladies, when I turn 40 Adam and I will have been married for 16 years, and I am forward to the adventures that we are going to experience over the next ten years! I have hope and excited to see how God is going to shape my family and myself during this decade of my life.

I certainly felt loved and celebrated for my birthday. I got to spend a day shopping, the whole day, all by myself. That evening Adam took me to a really great restaurant in my home town (my birthday was while we were on vacation). We enjoyed a wonderful and peaceful dinner, my mom kept the girls for us (thank you so much mom!). My mom made me a delicious mixed berry pie to celebrate my thirty years. It was so yummy!! And she took me shopping again for a new pair of much needed flip flops! . And my oldest and dearest friend from high school, Kristin (who turned 30 three days later), came over one day and spent some time with the girls and I playing in the pool. What a great birthday, more like a birthday week which is even better.

30 here I come!

No comments: