Well Adam is officially done with school. No more clinicals, no more meetings, no more anything except graduation which is this Thursday. Both our parents are coming up to spend the day with us celebrating Adam's success!! There are no words to explain how excited we are to be closing this chapter of our life. Adam loves anesthesia but does not love school (never really has so it makes you wonder why he keeps going back ;)) and is thrilled that he doesn't have to take any more tests, except the boards. He is nervous and excited about starting his new job in January. But at the moment we are having a hard time getting past the excitement of being done with school. It's been hard for Mag's and me too because we just want to hang out with Dad and there is always the guilt of he needs to be studying hanging over our head. We will be spending our final days here in Charlotte hanging out with friends and wrapping up a few small details around the house. The movers come Monday and move us on Wednesday. Maggie and I will be in Troy hanging out with GG and Grandpa while Dad stays back to make sure the movers don't need anything and then he will join us on Christmas Eve.
We aren't really going to miss the city of Charlotte. Neither of us are city people and we haven't really fallen in love with Charlotte. But!!!! We are truly going to miss our friends and our church!! The friendships that we have made here are irreplaceable and God has taught us so much from those that we have gotten to know. Not to mention the great job that I had and Adam's classmates who are one of a kind. It's because of every one's support, including our families, that we were able to conquer this mountain that has been in our lives for the last 27 months!
To update you on Maggie, she is doing great! She is full of giggles and curiosity these days. And lets not forget that she finally has a schedule. Over the last few weeks we have seen this miraculous schedule emerge. No matter how long she has been awake she has specific (approximate) times that she likes to go down for her naps and her bedtime. This is so great because I can finally make plans during the day to go run errands or do stuff around the house with out having to constantly calculate hours trying to figure out when she is going to want her next nap or when to eat. Hopefully this will continue because it will make life so much easier when the little one arrives. She also has decided that she does not want her own special meals at dinner anymore, she wants what we are eating. This is great because I don't have to make as much baby food as I used too but can make planning a meal a little more tricky. And occasionally she wants a bite off of our plates so that she knows she's not missing out on anything special, "yes we are all eating the same thing". It's so neat to see her little personality taking shape. One of the many other new things that she is doing is her response to our tone of voice. If you speak to her or each other in a tone that she finds "not nice" she burst into tears, I guess she's "tender hearted" (that's what my mom always said about me). The other day we were playing in the floor and when I looked away for a second she grabbed her paci off the end table and I called her a "sneaky sneaky little girl", she made the saddest little face you have ever seen and started crying. I tried not to laugh and explained to her that I wasn't mad, I thought it was cute. But needless to say lots of hugs was the only way I could get her to stop crying. She cracks me up!
Well our next post will be from the big city of Greenville SC and will include lots of pics of Maggie's first Christmas.
I have one prayer request before I go though. Will you all pray for Adam's National Boards. He is going to take them the first or second week in January. The boards are a big deal because he can't start his job until he passes them. Pray that over the next few weeks that he would make time to study every day and continue to be motivated to study, and that Maggie and I would encourage him to study and not distract him. These next several weeks are going to be tough for him since he is no longer in school and with all the distraction of the holidays and moving. But it's really important for him to spent several hours a day studying. He is also running out of steam to continue studying so if you would also pray for renewed strength, energy and focus. Thanks for your prayers.
Greenville here we come!!
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS ADAM!! We are all so proud of you and glad you won't have to worry about anything but going to work and being with your growing family. We will definitely be praying for all of you!
Post a Comment