Thursday, June 12, 2008

Phenomenal!

I have little updates on everyone, mostly Maggie but she's the real reason you all you read our blog anyway;). I can't say that I blame you, she's so cute.

First up is Adam. He is officially done traveling!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes all of us. Last Thursday was his final day in Boone. We (that's right the whole fam) traveled back and forth to Boone for two weeks. Adam's third week in Boone he roomed with one of classmates, and Maggie and I stayed back in Charlotte. But now he is home for good!! Thank the Lord!

Me next. During Adams last week in Boone GG came to stay a week with us. We had so much fun. Between giggles with Maggie we spent our time shopping and...making curtains. That right I made curtains (with the sewing machine that I got for my birthday last year)! Well I don't know if you can say that I made them, if it were not for GG I would still have no curtains!! Thanks GG!

Curtains for Maggie's room
Living room curtains

And now for Maggie. Where to begin. Traveling back and forth to Boone was really hard for her. She used to bright colors and walking around the yard instead of no yard and a smelly old apartment. Needless to say we survived but it did take us about a full week to get back on schedule (not that we have a rigid schedule, not even close).

Just to let you all know we may have solved the short nap and frequent night time eats mystery...Are you starving your child...almost (well kind of). It turns out that our little chubby monkey (we always joke about how much she eats because she still eats like every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, 3 if I push her) is not eating as much as we thought she was. Some friends of ours suggested that may be she was simply hungry and that was why she was not sleeping well, THANKS SHEALY's. So last Thursday we gave her oatmeal for the first time and she wolfed it down like a champ. So a few days later, since this was going so well, we decided to give her oatmeal twice a day, breakfast and dinner. But she is still nursing right around every two hours or so and still waking three times a night. Yesterday was our 4 month check up and our pediatrician helped us shine some light on the matter. She asked the key questions: "how much is she drink during each feed?" I said "3.5oz". Well guess what. She is suppose to be drinking more like 6 oz by now. So it turns out that Mags is not the problem, apparently the dairy farm is having some problems with production! Thankfully there is a natural supplement that I can take to help with this little problem. Side effect: you smell a little like maple syrup. Next time you see me if you start thinking about pancakes and waffles you'll know why. Even though Maggie is out pacing the milk maid she is still growing like a weed. She is now 25 inches long and weighs 13 lbs 2 oz (we thought she would weigh more she is so heavy to carry around).

Maggie is laughing more and more these days. She particularly finds grandparents funny.

I am also beginning to think that there are magnets in our floor and in her belly because every time you lay her on her back she immediately flips over on to your belly. The funny thing is that she first started rolling from belly to back (she did this only a hand full of time) but now she has completely forgotten how to do this. Once she rolls on to her belly after several minutes she starts to get really frustrated, it's kind of funny. I keep telling she already knows how to solve the problem but she just doesn't listen. I guess I need to get use to that.


We have been trying to use her booster seat but as you can see her core muscles still need to be stronger. By the end of the meal she is almost laying on the tray.



Last weekend we scooted down to Pawley's to see my parents and Maggie got to go swimming for the first time. She said it was a little cold on her belly.



By day two in the pool she was a little more comfortable but still would not let us put her in the big scary crab float that we bought her. I thought she would love it because it so brightly colored, oh well.



Lately Maggie is more and more interested in toys but gets bored with laying on her back so we busted out the Mega Saucer and to my surprise she loves it. She still tires pretty quickly so after about 10 mins she ask to get out so that she can take a break. She gets so excited every time she sees it.

Oatmeal was going so that we tried sweet potatoes for the first time last night. She ate the whole jar.



This is Maggie's very first oatmeal.





Maggie cracking up at Grandma.





Tumble Weed

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! I love your curtains- especially Maggie's. She is so cute, her giggles are very contagious! What a sweet girl! :)Alison

Kelly Shealy said...

Yeah Maggie! It's about time you sleep a little better for your Mom and Dad. All you needed was a fuller belly :) And don't worry Maggie, soon you will realize that the pool water feels so good and you will turn into a water bug! Can't wait for you to come swimming with Noah!

Mary Beth Spann said...

Love the pic of Maggie in the pool! Too cute.
Glad Adam is done traveling!

Anonymous said...

I just love how precious little Mags is...I must tell you that two nights ago I was lying in the bed with Jude and for some reason I was mentioning a baby (no particular baby). And out of the blue Jude said, "mommy, I want to see Mag Pie...I love Mag Pie!" He kept saying over and over how much he loved Mag Pie! Is that not adorable?! Glad she is sleeping better for you! Amy Bedenbaugh

Anonymous said...

Also, last night when I asked Jude what he wanted to pray for, he said, "I wanna pray for Mag-Pie!" He still loves her; too bad Noah!

P.S. The pool picture of Adam's chest gave me flashbacks to Austin Powers!

-JB